in by carla
Who doesn't love a little competition in the gym? Coach Dave ESPECIALLY loves this one because it's all about Boobs and the Barbells! The team has been created. Join Team PRCF HIGHBEAMS!
Barbells For Boobs is coming around again on October 27th. The competition is GRACE; which is 30 Clean and Jerks. That's it! That's all you have to do. The hard part is, doing it AFAP (as fast as possible). The fundraiser is all about raising money for Mammograms in Action. This non-profit organization devotes resources to providing mammograms for those who do not have health insurance. It costs a minimum of $80 for a mammogram and there are millions of folks who cannot get access to this simple test. Our mission as CrossFitters is to come together as a community on October 27th and see how many mammograms we can provide by fundraising to participate and compete. REGISTER NOW!
This is a road trip to CrossFit New Haven. This year they are tour stop #10 on the Pink Bra Tour 2013. What that means is, it's a lot of CrossFit Community all joining together to compete Games-Style. There will be 2012 Games Competitors working out along side of you. There will be lots of Crossfitters from all around New England to hang out with. This is why we all love our community, so we can all gather and compete and learn from each other. REGISTER HERE
If you want to fundraise, but not compete, you can do that too!
All proceeds go directly to Mammograms In Action. WE PROMISE, you WILL have fun while working out!
There will be other athletes who are from other boxes cheering you on to get every rep you can. Just ask Donna, Sophia or Mary Ann. Coach Dave and I did not relent!!!
PS: There is a great incentive to wear as much pink as possible! Get a team uniform together. They get CRAZY.
Last year, lots of athletes from several CrossFit boxes around New England came to CFNH and competed.
Even Kenny competed in 2012 and he donned on his finest bandana. Yes! HE REGISTERED. YOU CAN TOO!
This year, proves to be even better!
- B4B Emcees and DJ's will be spinning music throughout the day.
- Reebok will be onsite with all new CrossFit gear and their mobile store!
- GET A MAMMOGRAM! Are you due for your mammogram? There will be one ONSITE at CFNH! You will need to make an appointment with St. Vincent's Hospital Mobile MammoVan.
- There will be food and beverages available.
- CFNH raffle and auction will be there too.
- B4B and Reebok are providing prizes for the Top 3 Men and Women who Rx.
- Heats for kids, teens, masters, scaled, gringos (new to CrossFit) etc. There is a heat for everyone to compete.
Everyone can compete, including those new to CrossFit. Do you have what it takes to be the strongest at B4B 2013? Sign up and register to find out!